Tuesday 8 March 2011

Evaluation: Q7: Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Since creating my school magazine as my preliminary task I feel that my knowledge of using Photoshop has increased to a level where I feel comfortable using it. For example I now know how to select parts of photos using the selection tool in order to cut things out. For example any images where I have used a separate background. I also feel that my photography skills have improved. The first time around I found it harder to take pictures while thinking about the mise-en-scene however with practice I feel that my photography dramatically improved during my main task. I also feel that I am now able to manage my time much more efficiently and able to prioritise which work needs to be done first. I feel that I would now be able to produce a production schedule which would allow me to follow week by week tasks and complete the work within a shorter amount of time. Overall my understanding of the software has improved throughout this coursework I now feel that I have produced a professional looking magazine using these software’s.



Above are both the cover and contents of my preliminary task and my main task. I feel that the difference is clearly visible as to which is which, and I am happy with how my work has changed from my initial out come to my final product.