Tuesday 8 March 2011

Evaluation: Q5: How did you attract/address your audience?


I addressed my target audience whilst creating my actual product to ensure I was covering all area’s that they would like to be in a new rock music magazine. I have carried out numerous questionnaires to get feedback for my magazine. I also created a post questionnaire to see what I could have improved on, this was not only a good way to find out what people thought about my magazine but also to help me in the future. I attracted my audience by using images that they felt they could relate to and I also used colours such as 'red' to grab their attention. This was important as when the magazine is on the shop shelf surrounded by similar products it is vital that my magazine would stand out over the rest. I also ensued that I placed my masthead at the top of my magazine so that it was easily visible to my target audience.



I have also addressed my target audience in other ways such as the use of props, costume and colour this not only allows me to clearly show my genre and identify much target audience but it also attracts my audience as they can relate to the images they can see. For example on my cover the clothing is typical of a rock artist and therefore follows conventions of a music magazine. I have also created my models makeup to be typical of a model found on a music magazine such as NME or Kerrang.

The colour also helps to attract my target audience I have used the colour ‘red’ over black and white this create a nice effect that allows the red to stand out without being over powering. It was important that my cover stood out as typically the consumer would pick up the most aesthetically pleasing magazine on the shelf. I also used superlatives on my magazine. Superlatives are signs or symbols that attract the consumer to the magazine, for example 'NEW' or ‘DON’T MISS’ these immediately make the magazine look interesting.