Tuesday 8 March 2011

Evaluation: Q4: Who would be the audience for your media prodcut?


Whilst creating my actual product I was following the conventions of a typical rock magazine and basing my target audience around the age of sixteen plus. I tried to allow my target audience to be both male and female. Although the images used in my magazine are of females I feel that this is still appropriate as, females can relate to the images and males are attracted to the images shown. I have tried to ensure the style and language used throughout my product is neither feminine nor masculine. My typical target audience would be those who enjoy going to gigs and festivals such as ‘download’ and ‘V’ they would like listening to music on the go using things such as an ipod. They would mainly spend free time with friends out and about and spend most of their spare money on music and band T-shirt’s. I had to ensure that my magazine appealed to my target audience as a whole although the age band of my target audience is fairly small the likes and dislikes between these age groups can vary. Typically the lower end of my target audience would spend the day at school/college and then in their spare time, enjoy using their computer/laptop to listen to music and communicate through social networking sites such as facebook or myspace. However towards the end of my target audience age range the teenagers may be or likely to actually attend gigs and concerts as they can now afford to. I therefore ensured that I included different features to suit each ages needs. For example I included free posters of bands within my magazine, this would mainly appeal to the lower age as they would be more likely to hang such posters on their bedroom walls. I also included an up and coming gig line up in my magazine for the upper end of my audience as this would be useful to them. Below is some example images of my target audience.